- This event has passed.
Training Webinar: How to run and manage a support group
April 13 @ 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
During this webinar, you will learn:
- The differences between peer and therapeutic support groups
- How to prepare for running a support group, practically and emotionally
- How to introduce and open group sessions
- The responsibilities of the facilitator role
- How to respond to difficult group situations and dynamics
- How to bring a support group to a close
- About post-group supervision and debriefing
- Applies to both online and in-person support groups
- Include a Q&A session previous attendees have found particularly useful to bring in real-life scenarios and questions to help in their own practice.
Audience: Mental health practitioners
Facilitator: Dr Erin Thompson, founder and director of The Loss Foundation, a charity dedicated solely to providing bereavement support following the loss of a loved one. Erin is a qualified clinical psychologist.
Duration: 2 hrs
Cost: £59 pp