- This event has passed.
Training Webinar: Practicing Compassion Focused Therapy in Grief Training
November 10 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
A webinar developed and facilitated by clinical psychologists with 10 years experience providing bereavement support in the community.
About this event
Compassion focused therapy (CFT) is a third wave therapy founded on a combination of principles from Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Evolutionary Psychology and Attachment Theory. CFT is now an increasingly popular therapeutic modality for a number of mental health difficulties – research into its effectiveness and acceptability as a transdiagnostic therapy has increased over the previous 10 years as the therapy has evolved.
This will be a 2-hour workshop introducing CFT and some ways in which it can be used in grief work. Case studies are discussed and questions are encouraged.
During this online training, participants will learn about:
- The affect regulation model that underpins CFT
- Compassion as flow – opening to compassion from others and ourselves as well as giving compassion outwardly
- Various definitions and components of compassion, and how by developing a ‘compassionate mind’, we can help people to cultivate a more compassionate relationship with themselves and their distress.
- The fears, blocks and resistances to self-compassion
- The key skills and approaches used in CFT to develop a ‘compassionate mind
By the end of the training attendees will have a firm understanding of the model of CFT as well as exercises they can take into their practice.
Audience: Mental health practitioners
Facilitator: Dr Erin Thompson, founder and director of The Loss Foundation, a charity dedicated solely to providing bereavement support following the loss of a loved one. Erin is a qualified clinical psychologist.
Duration: 2 hrs webinar including a Q&A
Cost: £59 pp